Feb 11, 2020 - 12:22 PM
A few quick ideas:
- Are you doing 1-click-upsells and cross-sells. This is by far the easiest way to grow revenue overnight. By the way, a true one click upsell isn't "people who bought this also bought that", before the final checkout. It is, after the initial sale, present more offers before they get to the thank you page (they do not have to re-enter their credit card)
- As someone else has suggested, do systematic A/B testing. You may want to hire a Conversion Rate Optimization firm. Ask if they can work on a mostly performance basis i.e. Few good ones will agree to 100% performance but if there is high potential you could negotiate a small retainer and, say 10% of incremental revenue.
- Once you do 1) and 2) you can likely afford to spend more on paid acquisition since you average order value and lifetime value will be higher.
- Invest the time designing an email autoresponder sequence that provides useful content and soft sells. This way you avoid burning out your list to the point where no one opens your emails any more.
- Find other firms in your space selling great complimentary products that you believe in. Offer to promote their products to your list. Ideally you'd introduce them, explain why their products are great and then offer a meaningful discount. YOu could even get on a video/webinar with the other company's team and do an email write-up of the webinar (as most people won't attend it). In turn, ask that they promote your products to their list.
- Try an affiliate program. This takes work and it doesn't sound like your team has the resources to pull it off. At some companies there is a full time affiliate recruitment manager or even a team. Done right, it can get you customers for a much lower cost per acquistion.