Jan 18, 2021 - 07:49 AM
Image source: Pixabay
Here are a few features of ShopKeep:
• Back Office which is an online portal where users can organise and manage their customers, inventory, and more.
• A Matrix Inventory feature which allows users to create a parent item then add it's variants.
• A register that takes payments, splits them, adds modifiers, enables returns and refunds, and applies discounts.
• A customer marketing feature that enables you to build a client email list therefore successfully create campaigns and even personalize them according to each customer.
• An employee management feature that enables employees to clock in and out, and set individual register permissions to specific employees.
• The ability to take offline payments via Clover Flex, Clover Mini, and Clover Station Devices.
• Can be integrated with QuickBooks, MailChimp, and even BigCommerce.
• Easy to navigate interface.
• A pay-as-you-go subscription with no contract and pricing that's variable.from business to business.
• A robust support system via email, live chat, text, and online databases.A Few Features of Shopify
• A website builder with drag and drop options (although lots of merchants have complained about how limited it is)
• Over 100 payment gateways all either free or affordable to use.
• Unlimited bandwidth.
• Multiple languages.
• Buyers can leave feedback.
• Fulfillment centres are available (Shopify fulfilment which we reviewed)
• Ability to dropship
• Social media integration.
• Supports best SEO practices.
• Availability of gift cards, coupon codes, and abandoned cart recovery.
• Responsive and modern themes and apps.
• Powerful yet scalable.
• Import and export product data.
Image source: PixabayA Head to Head Comparison Between Shopify and ShopKeep
• Shopify has a free trial period so you can try it out before paying up while ShopKeep does not.
• Shopify will cost you from $29 per month while ShopKeep starts at $49 per month.
• Shopify can be a bit technical and hard to set up for non-tech people while ShopKeep is a bit easier to set up and run.
• Shopify doesn't have accounting integration and access control while ShopKeep does.
• Shopify has advertising management and an activity dashboard while ShopKeep doesn't.
• Shopify will offer you automated sales while ShopKeep won't, but they have barcode scanning.
• You can link your Shopify store with Facebook and PayPal but cannot do the same with ShopKeep.The Verdict
If your needs are simple and met by ShopKeep, I say go with ShopKeep as you are already using them as your point of sale. Their platform will be familiar to you and this is a definite plus.
On the other hand, Shopify is more robust and feature rich--possibly because they started out as an e-commerce solution and built around that.
If you would like to, it would make sense to try out Shopify for a bit because they have a free trial period and see if you like them then make your choice based on this.